Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities
Overseas Study Scheme is introduced for the Minorities by the Telangana Govt wide G.O.MS.No.24 Dated 19.05.2015. Overseas Study Scheme is useful for minority students for pursuing higher studies in P.G Courses in Foreign Universities.
G.O.MS.No.24 Dated 19.05.2015
Telangana State – Minorities Welfare Department – Introduction of a new scheme of “Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2015-16 – Orders – Issued
MINORITIES WELFARE (Estt.I) DEPARTMENT, G.O.MS.No. 24 Dated: 19-05-2015.
O R D E R:
The State Government is keenly interested in the social, educational and economic development and welfare of Minorities in the Telangana State and
accordingly Government have made substantial allocations for providing Scholarships to Minority Students on a saturation basis and this initiative over the years has encouraged a large number of Minority Students to complete professional courses and other Graduate Course.
Overseas Study Scheme Guidelines
Financial Assistance under this Scheme for studies abroad will be sanctioned to 500 minority students/graduates per year to pursue Post Graduate/Doctoral studies abroad subject to the following guidelines:
- Minority students whose family income is less than Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum from all sources are eligible. Total income from all sources of the employed candidates or his/her parents / guardians, shall not exceed Rs. 2.00 lakhs per annum. In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the Income Certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest Tax Assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application
- The maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement
Overseas Study Scheme Qualification:
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management/ Pure Sciences / Agriculture
Sciences / Medicine and Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
(2) For Ph.D. Courses:60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences / Humanities
The student shall submit the following documents:
- Caste Certificate from Mee Seva
- Income Certificate from Mee Seva
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- E-pass ID Number
- Residential / Nativity Certificate
- Passport copy
- Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level
- GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam / test score card
- TOFEL/IELTS score card
- Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent)
- Copy of the latest Tax Assessment is to be enclosed
- Copy of Bank Pass Book of Nationalized Bank
- Photo to be scanned and uploaded
Download G.O.MS.No.24 Dated 19.05.2015 for further information about Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities