Arogya Bhadratha Scheme G.O.MS.No. 16. Dated 12.09.2014
HM&FW Department – Welfare Measures – Introduction of Aarogya Bhadratha Scheme in Telangana State – Accorded Permission – Orders – Issued
HEALTH, MEDICAL AND FAMILY WELFARE (A2) DEPARTMENT G.O.MS.No. 16. Dated 12.09.2014
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.345 Home (Police-A) Department dated 27.11.1998
2. Govt.Memo.NO.7355/K1/2000-2, HM&FW (K2) Dept., dated 20.05.2000
3. G.O.Ms.No.65 HM&FW (K1) Department, dated 16.02.2001.
4. From the DGP, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.TS/Arogya Bhadratha/2014, dt.21.6.2014.
Telangana Police Arogya Bhadratha Scheme
O R D E R :
In the G.O. first read above, Government have permitted the Police Department to run “Arogya Bhadratha” Scheme for Police personnel and their family members as proposed by Director General and Inspector General of Police, A.P., Hyderabad and became operational through a net work of Super Speciality Hospitals on payment
of Surgical and hospitalization charges on par with NIMS tariffs.
2. In the Government Memorandum second read above, Government have permitted to centralize the claim of reimbursement facilities at the office of the Director General and Inspector General of Police and to continue the procedure of scrutinizing the medical bills by the Director of Education, Hyderabad as per Andhra Pradesh integrated Medical Attendance Rules, 1972, and the various executive orders time to time will be applicable. However, the police personnel and their family members must be referred to the accredited hospitals only and the unit officers of Police Department were not authorized to refer the police personnel and their family members to the hospitals.
3. In the reference 3rd read above, Government have issued orders on the following points:-
(1) The Unit Officers are herebypermitted to refer the police personnel and their dependents who are members of the Arogya Bhadratha for the listed diseases under the said scheme to any of the accredited hospitals. They will also restrict the claim to the eligible amounts or less, as certified by Director of Medical Education after scrutiny of bills.
(2) The Secretary, Arogya Bhadratha is authorized to submit the bills on behalf of the employee directly to the Director of Medical Education for scrutiny as well as determination of admissible amounts for reimbursement of medical expenses on a centralized basis at Hyderabad.
(3) The eligible reimbursement amounts may be paid directly to the Secretary, Arogya Bhadratha on an undertaking of the employee that he shall not prefer claim for the treatment under the scheme ;
(4) The following private corporate hospitals are also recognized only for the purpose of Police Arogya Bhadratha Scheme which contemplate collection of monthly subscription from each police personnal to meet the total medical expenses, even if it involves additional expenditure over and above reimbursement from the Government.
(i) Nagarjuna Hospital, Vijayawada
(ii) Pinnamanei Poly Clinic, vijayawada
(iii) CDR Hospitals, Vizag
(iv) Gowri Gopal Hospital, Kurnool and
(v) Usha Mullapuid Cardiac Centre, Gajularamaram, Hyderabad
(5) The drawal of reimbursement amount of the bills is permitted since the inception of the scheme till the date of issue of these orders by giving a one-time relaxation of
stipulated time limit of six months period for preferring claims under these Rules
4. In the above said G.O the Secretary of the said scheme may claim reimbursement on behalf of the employees for whom medical benefit is given under this scheme and the amount drawn under the scheme can be paid to Secretary, Arogya Bhadratha Trust.
5. The Director, General of Police, Telangana State, Hyderabad in the reference 4th read above has stated that due to bifurcation of the State, the existing Arogya Bhadratha Scheme would be taken over by the A.P. State and therefore requested to accord permission to register Arogya Bhadratha under Trust Act and to extend the Medical facilities to the Police personnel working in Telangana State duly authorized the Secretary, Arogya Bhadratha Telangana State to submit the medical bills
to the Director of Medical Education, Telangana, Hyderabad for reimbursement.
6. The Government after careful examination of the matter hereby accord permission to register Arogya Bhadratha under Trust Act and extend the medical facilities to the police personnel working in Telangana State duly authorizing the Secretary, Arogya Bhadratha, Telangana State to submit their medical bills to the Director of Medical
Education, Telangana, Hyderabad and to claim their medical reimbursement from the Government on behalf of the Arogaya Bhadratha Scheme, subject to condition that only hospitals of Telangana State are accredited.
6. This order shall come into force with effect from the date of issue of the order.
Download Telangana Police Arogya Bhadratha Scheme G.O Ms.No.16 Dated 12.09.2014 for more information