Telangana Schools Rationalisation Norms G.O No.6 Dated 27.09.2014
Telangana Schools Rationalisation Norms G.O Ms.No.6 Dated 27.09.2014 is released. Govt of Telangana, department of Education has issued this G.O Ms.No.6 about Rationlization and their Norms. Rationalization will be held for Schools, Posts and Staff under all managements.
Telangana Govt Education (SE-Ser.II) Department, G.O.Ms.No.6, Dated: 27.09.2014
Read the following:
1. G.O. Ms. No. 55 Edn (Ser. III) Deptt, dated 23.04.2011.
2. G.O. Ms. No. 61 Edn (Ser. III) Deptt, dated 16.05.2011.
3. From the Commissioner & Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad Letter Rc. No.138/Ser.III/2014, Dated 28.7.2014.
Telangana Schools Rationalisation
Under Right to Education (RTE) Act 2009, the Right to Education is accorded the same legal status as the Right to Life as provided by Article 21 (a) of Indian Constitution. Every child in age group of 6 to 14 years will have to be provided upto 8 years of Elementary Education on admission to an age appropriate class in the school in the vicinity of his / her neighborhood. Right to Education Act, 2009 at Section 25(1) reads:-“Within six months from the date of commencement of this Act, the appropriate Government and the local authority shall ensure that the PupilTeacher Ratio, as specified in the Schedule, is maintained in each school.
2. Accordingly, Government in the reference 1st read above issued orders to take up the exercise of Rationalization of staff in schools in the year 2011 strictly in accordance with the norms and standards given in the schedule of the Act in order to implement the provision of the Act. As per para (7) of the said G.O., Telangana Schools Rationalisation is to be taken up every year.
3. Pursuant to the rationalisation of schools and staff taken up in the year 2011, the following developments have taken place in the pursuit of achieving Pupil Teacher Ratio (ptr) in schools in accordance with norms specified in RTE Act, 2009 and RMSA Norms applicable to Elementary and Secondary schools respectively:
Govt. have issued G.O. Ms. No. 61 (reference 2nd read above) indicating eligibility for certain additional posts for SUCCESS High Schools, over and above staff pattern in the Annexure-III in G.O. 55 in reference 1st read above and specifying norms for allotting LFL HM posts.
(ii) Govt. have issued another G.O.Ms.No.55, SE (PE-SSA) Department, dated 05.07.2012 wherein Govt. have prescribed staff pattern for classes VI to VII / VIII and norms for teacher workload, and norms for opening additional sections in Class VI and above in schools.
(iii) Govt. have issued G.O. Ms. No. 63 Edn (SE-Prog-1) Department, dated 26.07.2012 prescribing time table for a school which indicates number of periods per week, subject / activity wise for each of classes I to V, VI & VII and VIII to X.
(iv) Further, Director (SE) MHRD, Govt. of India has addressed a D.O. Letter No. 1-42/2011-Sch.1, dated 03.08.2011 to all States in the country indicating norms for providing additional teachers for a secondary school under RMSA.
6. The Committee is competent to rationalize the teaching staff in schools and amalgamation of schools as detailed in the Annexures under various managements i.e.,Government, Zilla Parishad, Mandal Parishad Schools in the District based on the enrolment in the schools as per DISE 2013-14. Surplus teachers identified shall be posted in the vacancies notified through counseling for Telangana Schools Rationalisation.
7. An appeal against the orders of the District Educational Officer shall lie with the Commissioner and Director of School Education concerned. The appeal should be made within 10 days from the date of orders of the District Educational Officer.
8. This exercise of rationalization of teaching staff in schools and amalgamation of schools shall commence immediately after completion of SSC spot valuation every year as per the schedule given by the Commissioner & Director of School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad.
9. It is further clarified that on account of this rationalization there shall be no creation of any new post or reduction in sanctioned posts in a District, with District taken as a unit for each management.
10. The Commissioner and Director of School Education is requested to issue further Schedule, guidelines and instructions on implementation of this exercise.